Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 24, 2011

Reflection on Home-Learning

I find the assignment yesterday interesting and fun. It was something different and we made use of a comic strip to express our thoughts, theme through the narrative writing. I think the assignment is fun and enriching as we get to use our creativity to think up of any plot with unique characters. It also helps us to learn better in terms of the technique of plot, setting and conclusion. After I have done my assignment, I realised that the comic-drawing is a very good and efficient way to help us in our narrative writing, especially to help us to have a better understanding of what is plot, climax etc. We can imagine the first box to be our setting and introduction, whereas the second box to be the development and the climax, and lastly the third box to be our conclusion. We could also create interesting and unique characters by drawing out their significant features, their expression etc.

However, even though the comic-drawing is a very good platform for us to practise our narrative writing skills, the best way is still through writing. The comics could only show the picture of different interpretations whereas through writing, we could practise our vocabulary and grammar. But the comic-drawing is without doubt one of the best methods to actually practise our creativity and also the plotting of our theme, setting etc. Personally, I am quite surprised that this home-learning actually make use of comics-drawing to aid us in narrative writing. I expected it to just be some researching and assignments but it was better than I thought. If I have time at home, I would probably consider drawing out my theme and plot in a comic strip first so that I could actually have an overview at my entire story before writing.

I also get to know about this website: www.toondos.com that helps us creates comic strips and I would probably use this website in future for educational and leisure purposes. Overall, I enjoyed the home-learning lesson as we get to learn in a fun and interesting method of drawing comic. It not only entertains me, but also let me experience once again the different variations and choices of plots and characters we could come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment