Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Influence on our life

When I was young, I met with an incident that influences the person I am today. When I was in Primary 1, my mother keep emphasizing on the important of my studies and how it would affect my future. Due to the fact that I was only Primary 1, thus I could not understand what my mum is talking. However, as Primary 1 work is pretty easy, I got 1st in standard. I was surprised and satisfied at the same time.

As I grew up, I started to accept the fact that I’m good at my studies without even revising. When I was in Primary 3, I slack off and started to be arrogant. As such, my results dropped and I was surprised, not with the element of happy, but with the element of disappointment and shock.

My mum knew the results, and told me the reasons for my failure. I repent on it and realised that I should not be complacent and proud of such little achievements. I should instead be humble. Therefore, whenever I achieved commendable results nowadays, I would keep it to myself and tell myself to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment