Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Different versions of story

Narrative:

The sun hung high up above the baby blue sky and the rays of the sun shone down upon the big patch of grass. It was a great day and an idea struck my head. Bingo! Let’s play racing! Jack suggested the idea of being a winner after fetching the water before running back down.

Both of us sprinted uphill as fast as lightning. Unfortunately, reckless Jack tripped over a stone on the ground and he fell down with a loud thud! I was appalled and my heart stopped. My heart stopped a beat after seeing blood gushing out from Jack’s forehead!

Instantaneously, I brought Jack home where he got treated with vinegar and brown paper. Phew, what a close shave!

Recount:

The sun hung high up above the baby blue sky and the rays of the sun shone down upon the big patch of grass. It was a great day and an idea struck my head. Bingo! Let’s play racing! Jack suggested the idea of being a winner after fetching the water before running back down.

We ran as fast as we could as the opposing wind went against my direction. It was tiring but yet, a loud thud broke my chain of thoughts. I turned around and Jack greeted me as he fell downhill! I was appalled and I rushed forward to lend a hand. On closer look, his forehead is bleeding. I panicked and I brought him home.

My parents treated him with vinegar and brown paper. I heaved a sigh of relief. Phew!


Reflections:

After I have done the assignment, I find this assignment rather interesting and fruitful. It really tests our ability to understand the different forms of text and we got a chance to apply this to the nursery. This is also very interesting as it’s the first time I’m doing this and our creativity can come to use especially when we write the narrative story.

Overall, I find this assignment really helpful to our understanding and also our application. I hope that there could be similar practices in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment