Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Descriptive Writing(describe a place where people wait for something)


The MRT platform was packed like sardines.As I went up the fast and convenient escalator,a round and huge white clock greeted me.It showed 2:30pm and the sun's rays shone on the platform.The floor smelt like rubbish as litter were thrown on the hard,brown floor.
Cries of babies,conversations of passengers and even the ticking of the clocks pierced through my ears.Two old and short men were chatting in the corner,laughing and revealing their white teeth.The whole MRT platform was in a chaos.I closed my eyes and waited patiently for the train."My god,"I mumbled under my heavy breath.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, numerous types of noises, stinky floor, I could really tell that the whole platform was thrown into chaos, if that happened to me i would cover my mouth and shout into my hand! I can tell that you understand what you are writing about, because the whole passage is logical. You could have described the heat from the sun too. Hmmm... the escalator must have been heated up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The descriptions of the MRT station is very good,because there are many descriptive phrases and the way the senses are used is very appropriate and it really puts the reader in the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is indeed very well done as descriptive phrases and uses of senses were used. When I read this post, I felt as if I was in it and that is what I don't really experience when I read posts. If I could rate it, i would have given it 5/5.

    ReplyDelete