Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Social Media SEE

Social media has made us less social. Social media like Facebook has made us less social as we tend to use the online platform instead of face-to-face talking. For example, after I used Facebook, I realised that I tend to use Facebook instead of interacting with others. I would chat with friends with Facebook chats and I’m comfortable with it. However, I would feel awkward when I talked to them in real-life and feel very weird. As such, social media will let the users have this mindset that the social media platform is an easier way to communicate with others without directly having to express one’s feelings in front of others, such as embarrassment. Therefore, more people will prefer social media to face-to-face talking and as time goes by, they would find themselves interacting lesser and become more anti-social.

No comments:

Post a Comment