Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Recount - Sacrifice to make someone happy

Write about a time when in wanting to make someone happy, you were forced to make a sacrifice.

I made a sacrifice not too long ago, when Tom and Glenn was best friends. Apparently, Tom had gone overseas for his family gathering in the December holidays, and he promised to bring back gifts for each and every one of us when school reopens. Glenn was especially anticipating, wondering what gifts would Tom had bought for him. However, the end result was disappointing. Tom had bought for every single one of us, but had forgotten about Glenn’s gift. Everyone received their gifts while grinning from ear to ear, but only Glenn was the one waiting with an expressionless expression.

Tom explained to Glenn honestly, and apologized for his folly. However, it was obvious that Glenn appeared gloomier than usual. He was devastated by the fact that he did not receive a gift, but even more devastated by the fact that he, as a best friend, is the only one missed out by Tom.

Seeing Glenn and Tom’s relationship souring, I felt bad for them. I looked at my own keychain specially bought from Australia, and I headed towards Glenn. “Here you go, Tom fooled you, this is your gift,” I said. Glenn looked at the keychain, and his smile slowly started widening.

“I just knew it! Tom could have forgotten everyone but definitely not me!” Glenn exclaimed, grabbing the keychain and wiping it clean with a tissue while smiling. I smiled too, knowing that their conflict was resolved. I had made a sacrifice, definitely, giving up a keychain bought from America just like that. However, a keychain for a relationship is worth it, in my own words. Though I made a sacrifice, it really makes Glenn happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment